New and improved this year! Drastically lower entry fee! More competitors! Better conditions!
Complete the form to the right and you’re in!
This year’s spectacular Bed Race trophy was designed and created by Lon Owen, engineer at Indian Springs Golf Course and owner of Northwest Sports Center in Eureka. This is a substantial prize, measuring almost two feet in height and weighing a good ten pounds. It’s a prize in itself.
Compete in this year’s bed races and YOU could be the proud owner of this wonderful item!
2018 Eureka Rendezvous Bed Race
Specs and Rules
TEAMS MUST PREREGISTER BY APRIL 25, 2018. Late registrations will be accepted only if approved by race officials.
- Registration fee is $50.00 per team and may be made either online through the Chamber website (www.EurekaChamber.org) or by check made payable to Eureka Chamber of Commerce. If submitting paper application and payment, please return completed form to: Rendezvous 2018 Bed Races, Eureka Area Chamber of Commerce, PO Box 186, Eureka, MT 59917.
- Teams must have a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 5 participants (pit crew is optional).
- Teams can be self-sponsored or sponsored by an organization or business. Sponsor ads may be placed on the bed and/or participants.
- Team members may participate in more than one team.
- Race day is Saturday April 28, 2018 immediately after the parade (parade starts at noon).
- In order to promote a safe race, the event will be held on relatively flat ground. The starting line is in front of Eureka’s Town Hall (11 Dewey Avenue); the finish line is between the liquor store (201 Dewey Avenue) and Wade’s (122 Dewey Avenue). (See map on this page.)
- Teams need to check in between noon and 12:30 pm the day of the race.
- Check-in area will probably be behind Eureka’s Town Hall. Stay tuned.
- Beds must be inspected and approved by a race official prior to the start of the race.
- All team members must be physically in contact with their bed(s) at the start and finish lines.
- Beds must not cross the center line during the race.
- Any bed parts or debris lost during a race must be picked up before the next race.
- Depending on the number of entrants, races will be either single-elimination or run by brackets.
- Judges’ decisions are final.
- The over-all winning team will be presented with the Bed Race Trophy.
- Unique bed design and costumes are encouraged.
- Beds must be powered only by the runners – no motors, pedals, chains, roller blades, etc.
- Steering mechanisms are allowed.
- Wheels may be of any size or style (air-filled tires are allowed).
- Beds must include a mattress.
- One team member must ride on the bed.
Enroll me in the Bed Race!
Use the button below to pay the $50.00 Bed Race entry fee online.