Complete the form to the right and you’re in!
The Traveling Bed Race Trophy
This spectacular Bed Race trophy was designed and created by Lon Owen, engineer at Indian Springs Golf Course and owner of Northwest Sports Center in Eureka. This is a substantial prize, measuring almost two feet in height and weighing a good ten pounds. It’s a prize in itself.
The traveling Bed Race trophy is now back in Eureka, and will be on display at different locations until Rendezvous. So put a team together, modify a bed, register, and be a part of this exciting event during Rendezvous Days. Cash prizes will be awarded to the team with the fastest overall time, as well as to the team with the best costumes and team spirit. The fastest team is also awarded the traveling trophy and can hang onto it until January of the following year.
Compete in this year’s bed races and YOU could be the proud owner of this wonderful item!
2019 Eureka Rendezvous Bed Race
Specs and Rules
TEAMS MUST PREREGISTER BY APRIL 24, 2019. Late registrations will be accepted only if approved by race officials.
- Registration fee is $50.00 per team and may be made either online through the Chamber website (www.EurekaChamber.org) or by check made payable to Eureka Chamber of Commerce. If submitting paper application and payment, please return completed form to: Rendezvous 2019 Bed Races, Eureka Area Chamber of Commerce, PO Box 186, Eureka, MT 59917.
- Teams must have a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 5 participants (pit crew is optional).
- Teams can be self-sponsored or sponsored by an organization or business. Sponsor ads may be placed on the bed and/or participants.
- Team members may participate in more than one team.
- Participants must be at least 16 years of age.
- Race day is Saturday April 27, 2019 immediately after the parade (parade starts at noon).
- In order to promote a safe race, the event will be held on relatively flat ground. The starting line is in front of Eureka’s Town Hall (11 Dewey Avenue); the finish line is between the liquor store (201 Dewey Avenue) and Wade’s (122 Dewey Avenue). (See map on this page.)
- Teams need to check in between 10:00 am and 12:30 pm the day of the race.
- Check-in area will probably be behind Eureka’s Town Hall. Stay tuned.
- Beds must be inspected and approved by a race official prior to the start of the race.
- All team members must be physically in contact with their bed(s) at the start and finish lines.
- Beds must not cross the center line during the race.
- Any bed parts or debris lost during a race must be picked up before the next race.
- The races will be timed and the fastest overall will be declared the winner.
- Judges’ decisions are final.
- Fastest team will win the trophy and a cash prize.
- Team with the best costumes / team spirit will win a cash prize.
- Unique bed design and costumes are encouraged.
- Beds must be powered only by the runners – no motors, pedals, chains, roller blades, etc.
- Steering mechanisms are allowed.
- Wheels may be of any size or style (air-filled tires are allowed).
- Beds must include a mattress.
- One team member must ride on the bed.
Enroll me in the Bed Race!
Use the button below to pay the $50.00 Bed Race entry fee online.